Before the House Consumer Affairs Committee – PA House of Representatives
Informational Committee Meeting on PA Electric & Gas Industries
Terrance J. Fitzpatrick
President and CEO
Energy Association of Pennsylvania
March 31, 2015
Good morning Chairman Godshall, Chairman Daley and members of the Committee. I am Terry Fitzpatrick, President & CEO of the Energy Association of Pennsylvania, a trade association of electric and natural gas utilities operating in Pennsylvania.
EAP performs a number of functions:
– Advocacy before state agencies and policymakers- such as the PUC and the General Assembly;
– Help member companies to share best practices and sponsor educational conferences on operations and consumer issues.
PA Electric & Natural Gas – Quick Facts
Electric Utility Members
• Aka, “electric distribution companies” or “EDCs”.
• Distribute electricity to just under six million residential, commercial and industrial customers in Pennsylvania.
• Employ approximately 9,000 men and women in their Pennsylvania operations.
Gas Utility Members
• Aka, “natural gas distribution companies” or “NGDCs”.
• Distribute gas to just under three million residential, commercial and industrial customers in Pennsylvania
• Employ approximately 5,200 men and women in their Pennsylvania operations.
Please direct any questions or requests for more information to Debra Kitner by email or phone at (717) 901-0607.